Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not always what it seems


On occasion mother nature will give us a little surprise, and when she dose we just need to be thankful.
While on Molokai on day I realized we were in for a really nice sunset. The clouds, palm trees and the sun were begging to be photographed. The image making was fast and furious on that beautiful hawaiian evening.
I came away with several very nice images that all sell very well and even years latter it is still very satisfying.
Then at an Art Fair a customer came to me and said I love this image, however your Title “Molokai Sunset “ was all wrong and did I not see the real subject in the image? I thought about it for a bit and asked what they were seeing. They responded “why it’s Puff The Magic Dragoon”. I thought wow I never looked at it that way and since that dat on all I see is Puff.
There are times when others will see a totally different image than the artist had originally intended, and this is not a bad thing, it is what make us unique.

No comments: