Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

When new directions come from old directions


We need to challenge ourselves everyday push in new directions or old directions just push. I recently decided to change my focus ( Pardon the pun) of my business. Yes the current economy has a part to play in this as well as feeling too complacent with my work. So I decided to go back to an old formula that had worked well for me.

I’m betting your asking what is he talking about ? Well I have been shooting stock Photos for close to 20 years or so, but the last number of years it has been on a back burner. I am making an effort to shoot more images and get them in the hands of my agencies.

I am not sure what this will mean to the bottom line for the business, but I have a renewed enthusiasm for making images so I gotta believe that the rest will fall in to place. Having just written this I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes on photography.


"Shoot what you love and you'll love what you shoot"

-John Sexton

No comments: