Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

iphone Photography




















When Cell phone started to come with digital cameras I thought “I have no use for that! I’m a photographer and I have several camera bodies what on earth would I want a camera phone for? And I proudly told this the sales clerk at the store where I was replacing my broken phone at.


Fast forward several years and Apple announced the release of its G3 iphone, I was going to stand in line for one (The first and last time I have ever done so). It was going to be this great tool for me to have in my pocket but I thought “I will never use the camera, it can not be good enough for my needs”.


I admit I was wrong the iphone camera is a great little camera and I use it a lot! I use it for snapshots, Location scouting, Ideas and price comparison shopping. It is capable of producing a very nice image, not long after I bought the phone I sent an image to a high end lab that I use to have a 5X7 printed, not only was I blown out of the water when I told my rep at the lab that the image was made with an iphone they were amassed.


With all the praise I have just given my iphone’s camera I still have my DSLR and my 4X5 and I have no plans on giving up on either one of them any time soon.

No comments: