Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009


I’ve been asked to speak at a local camera club and I happily agreed. Then I thought what am I doing I have no program to present!  After some thought I decided to go with the idea of revisiting a subject time and again not only throughout a year but throughout a life time to record the changes that take place ever so slowly in natural world. Over time there can be huge changes.


For instance the Tamarack tree behind the post was once full of branches that hung down and shade the base of the tree. They also made some great framing when photographing across the rocks that signify the beginning of the Mississippi River.


I other places it might be the growth of the local vegetation, or erosion. Maybe the landmark has been restored or just painted.


By going back time and time you can also keep your images current and over the years you can daw on the older ones if some one needs some historical reference. An example would be Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue ox in Bemidji Minnesota. Years ago be for the whole downtown area was revitalized and the built a new visitors center. Blacktop surrounded  Paul & Babe, To day they have cement and brick work, which is much more appealing. I have sold both image many times.

No comments: