Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009


Tucson Arizona for some reason is one of my favorite locations in Arizona. It must be because the diversity of subject matter in a relatively short drive from where you might stay.


I have since my first visit to the area in the 1970’s loved the Sonoran Desert. especially in the spring time when the cacti begin to bloom. The terrain  allows you to choose many different angles for photographing.


My newest favorite spot in Tucson would undoubtable be Barrio Lebria, The oldest neighborhood in Tucson, It is subject rich, Although it has been discovered and it is being re-paired building by building, The buildings are being painted. This is sad and exciting at the same time. I feel lucky to have found this spot when I did, I just wonder what it was like five years earlier.


While my main focus (pardon the pun) is on nature I just love to shoot interesting buildings and details new and old but mostly old. And with in a few blocks of Barrio Lebria there exists so much subject matter that its almost hard to believe.


No comments: