Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Favorite places

I just returned from my one of my all time favorite places to Photograph “Itasca State Park” The headwaters of the Mississippi River. I have been photographing in the park for close to 20 years and it never gets old, I find that amazing.


Each trip to the park I ask myself to photograph the headwaters in a way that I have never done so, and as you can imagine that can become a challenge after a while. Yet some how as time goes by and my vision grows so dose my approach to photography.


There are times when I find myself really having to work to=create images and other times where it seems as though everything works really well. I feel like I have been in that grove where everything just works very easily. That may be a result of doing a lot of image making over the last year, and it could be a result of stepping outside the box (Comfort zone) or both. And I plan on routinely getting out of the box if this is the result.


I will return to Itasca State park at least once a year to create new images as long as I live because it is a very special place in my hart.

No comments: