Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

Technique

Some may look at this image and say well nice use of neutral density filters. The truth is that no filter was used in making this image, the technique was soothing in the very early morning just as it is starting to get light, in fact it was before sunrise.


Two other vital pieces of equipment were used in the making of this image. And I will use both on about 98% of all of my images, that is a good tripod and a cable release. With the image framed I stopped my aperture all the way down to f/22 and set the shutter speed to sixty seconds, I knew this exposure combination would yield the result that I was after.


When I am out in the field photographing I am approached by many people who ask what camera, lens should I buy? I respond the same way each time that is stick with a name brand camera but then I will say that more importantly get a good tripod (not one from a discount store), and a cable release.


When you try new techniques log your exposure info and try to learn what works and how to get the camera do what you want it to do.

No comments: