Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do your homework, plan ahead and get lucky.


These are all thing I feel are important in making high quality nature images. No matter if it is a trip into your backyard or half way around the world it’s important to know what you will and what you might find when you arrive. The internet is a great research tool, not only can you find places to stay, eat, fuel you vehicle, get maps and directions, you can also find out what the area that you are traveling to looks like. For example Photo sharing sites like Flickr you can view photos that have been taken in the area, Then using one of many map sites like Mapquest you can not only get you maps and directions you can look at ariel photographs of the area. I find this really helps me prepare for my shoot, as I can find what others have done but more importantly what others have not done. Finally I say get lucky, this can happen in numerous ways most often it is mother nature that provides those special opportunities and some times it is a perfect strange with knowledge of the area or access to privet property.

No comments: